How to take BELVIQ/BELVIQ XR
BELVIQ is available in 2 different doses. BELVIQ 10 mg is a blue tablet taken twice daily. BELVIQ XR 20 mg is an orange tablet taken once daily. BELVIQ/BELVIQ XR can be taken with or without food.
One 10-mg pill twice per day
One 20-mg pill once per day
Tablets are not actual size.
When combined with diet and exercise, BELVIQ/BELVIQ XR may help you achieve your weight-loss goals.
Here are some things to remember when adding BELVIQ/BELVIQ XR to your routine:
- Take your medication daily and exactly as prescribed
- Be sure to combine BELVIQ/BELVIQ XR with a reduced-calorie diet and
- Consult with your doctor before beginning any exercise program
- If you miss a dose, wait until your next scheduled dose, then resume your normal schedule
- Never take more than 1 pill at a time
- Take BELVIQ/BELVIQ XR whole. Do not chew, crush, or divide the tablet
- Taking too much BELVIQ/BELVIQ XR may cause hallucinations, a feeling of being high or in a very good mood, or feelings of standing outside your body
- Your doctor will check your progress after 12 weeks and should tell you to stop taking BELVIQ/BELVIQ XR if you have not lost at least 5% of your body weight
- Weight-loss results can take time. Remember that everyone responds differently
For more support, you can check out our healthy living tips or download our app to help you track your progress.
Track Your Progress
Stay motivated to achieve your goals with a free downloadable app that tracks your activity, meals, calories burned (even sets a daily calorie budget), body measurements, and other important health information. Then share it with your doctor.Download the app >
Adding BELVIQ/BELVIQ XR to your routine
Taking your medication regularly is an important part of supporting your weight-loss goals. If you’re taking BELVIQ/BELVIQ XR, below are some tips that may help you stay on track and get the most out of your treatment.
Remember, you can ask your doctor or pharmacist for suggestions on making BELVIQ/BELVIQ XR part of your everyday routine.
Take your medication at the same time each day
Taking your medication at the same time each day can help you remember. You may find it helpful to set daily alerts on your phone.
Keep your medication in sight
If you keep forgetting to take your medication, try leaving it in a place where you'll notice it. If you take your medication with food, keep your pill bottle in the kitchen. Or if you take it when you wake up, put it on your bedroom nightstand. Like all medications, be sure to keep BELVIQ/BELVIQ XR out of the reach of children.
Use a container
Consider putting your daily dose of BELVIQ/BELVIQ XR in a portable pill case or small container and throw it in your bag. That way, you'll always have it with you in case you forget to take it.
When you first start taking BELVIQ/BELVIQ XR try keeping track of each dose you take. You can track your doses in a journal or on your phone. If you ever miss a dose, you should wait until your next scheduled dose, then resume your normal schedule. Never take more than 1 pill at a time.
Please consult your doctor about how to take your medications.