Herbed Yogurt Cheese10 mins Print
Prep time: 10 mins
- 2 cups yogurt cheese , (see Tip)
- 2 scallions , trimmed and minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley , plus additional leaves for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil , or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Blend together yogurt cheese, scallions, parsley, basil, garlic, salt and pepper with a wooden spoon in a medium bowl. Garnish with parsley leaves and serve.
TIPS & NOTES
- Tip: To make 2 cups of yogurt cheese, line a colander with a large cotton towel or double thickness of cheesecloth, and place the colander in the sink. Pour in 6 cups low-fat yogurt. After 15 minutes, transfer the colander to a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours or overnight. Gathering the edges of the towel together, gently squeeze out any remaining liquid. Transfer the yogurt cheese to a separate container. Refrigerate until ready to use. Keeps 1 week.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
- 20 calories / Per serving
- Carbs 4 g
- Fat 0 g
- Saturated Fat 0 g
- Protein 2 g
- Cholesterol 1 mg
- Fiber 0 g
- Sodium 62 mg
- Potassium 6 mg