Roasted Vegetable Sandwiches50 mins Print
Prep time: 20 mins
- 1 small eggplant , thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 zucchini , thinly sliced
- 1 yellow summer squash , thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper , cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- Salt & freshly ground pepper , to taste
- 1/4 cup nonfat sour cream , or nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 16-inch-long French baguette , split lengthwise and cut into 4 sections
- 1 bunch watercress , washed, large stems removed (about 2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Toss eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash and bell pepper with oil and garlic in a large roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Roast the vegetables, stirring occasionally, until tender and starting to brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk together sour cream (or yogurt), mayonnaise, basil and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper; reserve in the refrigerator.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture on both of the bread halves and arrange watercress on the bottom layer. Top with the vegetable mixture and the bread tops.
TIPS & NOTES
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
- 238 calories / Per serving
- Carbs 44 g
- Fat 4 g
- Saturated Fat 0 g
- Protein 9 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Fiber 7 g
- Sodium 504 mg
- Potassium 649 mg
- Monounsaturated Fat 2 g