Spicy Tofu Hotpot30 mins Print
Prep time: 20 mins
- 14 ounces firm tofu , preferably water-packed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 6 cloves garlic , minced
- 4 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms , stemmed and sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 cups vegetable broth , or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chile-garlic sauce , or to taste
- 4 cups thinly sliced tender bok choy greens
- 8 ounces fresh Chinese-style (lo mein) noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Drain and rinse tofu; pat dry. Cut the block into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and cook until slightly soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in sugar, broth, soy sauce and chile-garlic sauce; cover and bring to a boil. Add bok choy and tofu, cover and simmer until greens are wilted, about 2 minutes. Raise heat to high and add the noodles, pushing them down into the broth. Cook, covered, until the noodles are tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in cilantro.
TIPS & NOTES
- Chile-garlic sauce is a spicy blend of chiles, garlic and other seasonings; it is found in the Asian section of the market.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.
- 221 calories / Per serving
- Carbs 32 g
- Fat 6 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Protein 12 g
- Cholesterol 28 mg
- Fiber 4 g
- Sodium 734 mg
- Potassium 389 mg
- Monounsaturated Fat 2 g